Wednesday 29 December 2010

Red Drapes

Red Drapes - Reflection from Evan Pugh on Vimeo.


"Red Drapes are a four-piece band currently situated in London, England. Their Melancholic sound and strong lyrical emphasis takes influence from post-punk and new wave bands of the '80s, The Smiths, Joy Division, Echo & the Bunnymen and The Cure."

I met Red Drapes in July last year whilst I was showing my film "Insomniac" at the Free Range Art Show on Brick Lane in London. We like each other's work so we have started a collaboration which will hopefully develop further. The content of the paintings below has grown from my personal interpretations of their music; particularly the words and atmosphere of "Reflection". They are based on photographs I originally took in Morecambe; a seaside resort town in the North West of England.




No comments:

Post a Comment