Monday 30 January 2012

artist profiles: jonny boxall lewis brownlie

right then. we've got an art show coming up on friday so i thought i'd do some profiles of the artists who are gonna be putting work up. theres gonna be two a day till friday. the shows on at touchstones in rochdale and theres a special preview night this friday with loads of beer and tater pie. check the link.

jonny boxall.


I would consider my self to be a documentary photographer. Most of my work is based on my surroundings and how I observe and relate to them. I like to photograph the places that people don’t usually notice, I like to work in areas that are forgotten and capture the elements that make that certain area unique.


Lewis Brownlie

Two foxes fighting

Medium: Sticks, Wire, bone, conckers

I like fighting, not personally, or with people, I like the idea of battle, compromise, and coming to an arrangement over a situation. I do not know who won this particular scuffle, but hopefully both parties can still be mates afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment